Sunday, January 15, 2012

Beat down but not out

Yep-it's been almost a year since I wrote on this blog. My goal was to update once a week-obviously it didn't happen. It has taken me getting very run down and ill to pick this back up again. The last year was "Glee" from January to May, "American Horror Story" pilot in May and June, "Touch" pilot June to July, two weeks off for a family vacation, then "American Horror Story" Season 1 from July till December. "American Horror Story" was amazing but incredibly stressful, including 6-day sometimes 90 hour work weeks and constant double units. All that with and incredible cast made for a great experience. I learned so much this year about trusting people-including myself, realizing what is truly important and that respirators are key to good health. I'm on the couch trying to recooperate because I have had both eustachian tubes inflamed for the past 6 weeks and my second kidney infection since November. I had to cancel working on a great commercial today because I am too pooped to lift a makeup brush. The point I'm making is that although I am beat down, I am guilt ridden about letting people down. I am from the school of take-every-job-because-it-might-be-your-last and here I am, 26 years later, having had maybe a few weeks off a year. Apparently if I don't say no, my body finally will. Just try and keep it in perspective and take time for yourself people. It's ok to say no once in awhile.

1 comment:

  1. You are a make up machine Eryn!! Totally unstoppable!
    Love & Miss ya,
    Evan

    ReplyDelete